Monday, 4 September 2017

Index Card Experimentation / Expérience avec une carte index

I often reach for an index card when I am trying out a new technique. They are versatile and durable, standing up to a lot of moisture, handling, and layers. They come pre-cut in 3"x5" or 4"x6" sizes and if I like my experimentation piece, they make a great greeting card size.

J'utilise souvent une carte index lorsque j'expérimente une nouvelle technique.  Elles sont versatiles et durables et acceptent l'humidité, la manipulation et les épaisseurs.  Elles sont soit en 3x5 ou en 4x6 et si j'aime mon test alors elles sont parfaites pour un format carte. 

Today, I am sharing a greeting card that evolved in such a manner from index card experimentation.

Aujourd'hui je vous montre un test qui est devenue une carte!






I started by scraping gesso onto the blank side of a 4"x6" index card, leaving many small areas bare. Once dry, I used a Graphite Stabilo All pencil around the edges and activated it with a wet brush. Leaving some areas bare allows colour to saturate the paper giving it a grungy aged look.  Once that was dry, I used texture paste through the Flower Silhouette stencil to add two flower images. 

J'ai commencé par étendre du gesso sur le côté blanc d'une carte index de 4x6, laissant de petits endroits sans gesso.  Une fois le gesso sec, j'ai utilisé un crayon graphite Stabilo All sur le pourtour et avec un pinceau mouillé je l'ai activé.  Aux endroits qui n'ont pas eu de gesso, la couleur devient plus foncée car elle sature le papier.  Une fois sec, j'ai utilisé de la pâte de structure au travers du pochoir. 







Once the paste was dry, using a Blackberry Dina Wakley Scribble Stick, I added colour all around the flower edges and then activated it and dissolved it out with a water brush allowing the colour to fade as it moves away from the flowers. Once, that was dry, I placed the stencil back over the flowers and stamped the raised flowers with black Archival ink and the Script and Postmark stamp. Next, I edged the flowers with a Black Stabilo All pencil and activated it with water. 

Une fois sec, j'ai utilisé du "Blackberry Dina Wakley Scribble Stick", j'ai ajouté plus de couleur autour des fleurs.  Avec un pinceau à l'eau j'ai activé la couleur et du coup la couleur s'est répandue autour des fleurs.  Une fois sec, j'ai remis le pochoir en place et j'ai étampé avec de l'encre Archival noire.  Ensuite j'ai utilisé un crayon noir Stabilo All sur le pourtour des fleurs et je l'ai activé avec de l'eau.


Then, I sponged silver paint through the Laces stencil and once it was dry, I added depth with a Graphite Stabilo All. Next, I scraped a touch of gesso over the stencil painted sections to age and blend them. I added some splatters of watered down black acrylic paint and because I was thrilled with how the index card experimenting turned out, I added the Sending Hugs sentiment by heat emboss stamping and adhered it to a card base. A little black Stabilo All edging and it was done.

Par la suite, j'ai épongé de la peinture argent à travers l'autre pochoir et une fois sec, j'ai ajouté du crayon Graphite Stabilo All.  Puis, j'ai raclé une touche de gesso par-dessus les sections peintes du pochoir pour les vieillir et les mélanger au crayon.  J'ai ajouté des gouttelettes de peinture acrylique noire diluées avec de l'eau et parce que j'étais contente du résultat, j'ai ajouté le texte en l'embossant en noir.  Un peu de Stabilo All noir autour de la carte et j'avais fini...  


*****

Produits Magenta utilisés:
Magenta products used:

  

No comments:

Post a Comment