Saturday, 22 May 2021

Super Saturday with Pam – Super Samedis avec Pam

Welcome back to Super Saturday.  Today I’m playing with alcohol ink and Alcohol Lift Ink.

I started by covering a piece of Dura-lar clear acetate with four colors of alcohol ink (Laguna, Mojito, Glacier and Amethyst.)  I only used a couple of drops of blending solution to help move the inks around.  I was going for the tiny dots of color so there would be a lot of texture in the finished piece. 

After the ink was dry, I placed it in my stamp positioner.  I inked up the Mandala Ornaments stamp with Alcohol Lift ink and then stamped the acetate.  If you haven’t used Alcohol Lift ink, when you stamp with this product, it “lifts” the alcohol ink from a smooth, plastic surface like Yupo, vellum or acetate.  The ink remains on the stamp and you can then stamp on cardstock. 

I removed the acetate piece from the stamp positioner, inserted a piece of white cardstock, then stamped the image.  The stamping picks up all the color variations of the alcohol ink which I love.  Next, I used a paper towel to “lift” the stamped image on the acetate.  I very lightly blotted the alcohol ink piece with a paper towel, rotating the paper towel before moving to the next section.  The stamped image will begin to emerge.

Since I stamped on clear acetate, I plan to place it over another piece of cardstock to accentuate the stamped image.  When the ink is still wet you want to be careful not to rub the image because that will smear the ink and you will lose the crispness of the image.  You can also return the acetate to the stamp positioner and stamp again with the Alcohol Lift ink to remove more of the alcohol ink (and you can also stamp again over the previous cardstock stamping.) 
When complete, I trimmed the acetate image to 3 ¾” x 5” and also trimmed a piece of white glitter paper to the same size.  (In real life, the glitter paper under the acetate really shimmers, but unfortunately it was hard to capture that effect with my camera.) I put tiny drops of glue in each corner of the glitter paper and placed the acetate on top, then set it aside to dry.  I adhered this to a piece of dark purple cardstock then adhered it to the front of an A2 card.   In my next post I’ll show you how I finished the image I stamped on the cardstock.

Pam Nelson - DT Magenta

*****

Produits Magenta utilisés:
Magenta products used:

2 comments:

Christine Alexander said...

Beautiful Pam, I have some Duralar, I need t play a little. Thanks for the great inspiration :)

My Next Chapter said...

Thank you Christine.